1) Register using your FB account.
- This increases security as it allows users to do background checks on each other. Knowing that you have a mutual friend really helps.
2) Set your profile properly.
- Use your real name and a picture that can be used to find you on the street during pickup.
3) Set your location wisely.
- Set your home&work location using the nearest main road near you to limit off-route distance.
4) Take time to reply.
- Be courteous and reply when accepted, especially before canceling a ride.
5) Don't hesitate to negotiate.
- Find a compromise on fare, time and pickup/drop-off locations.
6) Always confirm your ride.
- Send SMS to each other before the ride.
7) Be Punctual.
- Being late often is disrespectful and bothersome to fellow carpoolers.
8) Establish Carpooling Etiquette.
- Clarify policy on smoking, music, food, conversation and pets.
9) Don't forget to rate your ride.
- More ratings create a more credible community.
10) Manage your network.
- Disconnect users that are badly matched so it will not flood your rides list
11) Build a community.
- Build a network of passengers and drivers. Don't just rely on one regular ride to compensate for sudden unavailabilities.
12) Please always go online and record your rides.
- This is to increase the credibility of profiles and help build trust in the community. This will also help increase your chance of being accepted by other drivers because your regular driver now may not be around anymore one day. The same goes for the driver, the more ride history you have the less chance you'll be rejected and "cancelzoned" by potential passengers.