1) Register using your FB account.
- This increases security as it allows users to do background checks on each other. Knowing that you have a mutual friend really helps.
2) Set your profile properly.
- Use your real name and a picture so that other users can find you!
3) Take time to reply.
- Be courteous and reply when a passenger requests a ride or chats with you. You can come to an agreement on fare, time and final pickup/drop-off locations too.
4) Always confirm your ride.
- Send chat messages to each other before the ride to confirm the details.
5) Be punctual.
- Being late is often disrespectful and bothersome to fellow carpoolers. If you are running behind schedule, just let your passengers know.
6) Don't forget to rate your ride.
- More ratings create a more credible community. This will also help increase your chance of finding new passengers to carpool with.
7) Build a community.
- Build a network of passengers. Don't just rely on one regular ride to compensate for sudden unavailabilities. Also disconnect from users that are badly matched so it will not flood your passenger list.